Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, March 1, 2012

SobeWFF 2012

Finally coming down off the whirlwind high from this year's South Beach Wine & Food Festival. In effort to spare you 76 posts about every bite I ate and every chef I met, I will try to condense everything into one post, so here you go!

Chef Demos:
I watched a ton of Chef Demos, some better than others... (Guy Fieri was my favorite) Chef demos are like watching your favorite Food Network show live!

{Rachael Ray, Robert Irvine, Guy Fieri, Michael Chiarello, Masaharu Morimoto}

One of my favorite things about chef demos is getting to ask the chefs my favorite question:
Whose Food Network Show do you like to watch?
Rachael Ray: I don't watch much TV but I really enjoyed taping Rachael vs Guy: Celebrity Cook Off'
Guy Fieri: Discos Debutantes and Derelicts. You've heard of DDD right?!



Food Tasting:
Of course at a food festival, there is a TON of food.

First Event up: The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Late Night Bites and Sweets:

{Guacamole, chili dog & tater tots, red velvet cake, deep fried oreos, duck tortilla pie, mini Reuben, lil waygu burger, pork belly, yummy decorations, rock shrimp tiradito, lamb ribs}

My Favorite bite from this event: Pork Belly from Bourbon Steak Miami



{sashimi on rice cake, ribs with red chili sauce, Greek meatball, ceviche, lobster barley risotto, tuna tar tar, red curry short ribs, BBQ with sweet potatoes, ribs, tuna cone, truffle artichoke soup, red velvet cake, steak sandwich, veal cheek, pork taco}

My favorite bite from this event: Ribs from Mr. Chow Miami. YUM!


Chef sightings:
Always a ton of chef sightings at Sobe. As they say, it is Spring Break for Chefs! I met a ton of new Food Network stars:

{Aaron Sanchez, Sunny Anderson, Michael Chiarello, Robert Irvine, Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto, Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian, Anne Burrell, Bitchin Kitchen, Alex Guarnaschelli, Sunny Anderson, Marc Summers, Melissa D'Arabian}

Pretty cool, right?!

I had such a blast! I love that the festival is always around my birthday. It makes for an extra special time! I am already counting the days until next year. Taking donations now for tickets, as I want to go to more and more events!

Until then,
H











 

1 comment:

  1. Such fun!! One year, when we don't have 800 other things going on and I have the time & cash, I want to go with you!!!!

    ReplyDelete