Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Hanukkah Happiness


There are many things I miss about living in LA, but one of the biggest ones is living right around the corner from the lovely Sarah. She is not only a friend to the end, but she cooks up a mean Traditional Jewish Holiday Meal. I have come to crave her Brisket the second any holiday comes around. Without her to teach me, I went to where I go for all of my inspiration.....The Food Network, and my gal Sunny Anderson. This brisket is simple and yummy, my mouth is watering just thinking about it! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/20-clove-brisket-recipe/index.html. I have been eating the leftovers on a baguette with a lovely horseradish sauce, and using the juice as a dip....yum!


Since I have not yet coerced Sarah into giving me her Kuegel recipe, I made some comfort sides to go along with it. What is better than cheesy, gooey, Scalloped Potatoes? http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emeril-lagasse/scalloped-potatoes-recipe/index.html


or a creamy veggie topped with cheese and crunchy onions? Try this Swiss Casserole: http://www.campbellkitchen.com/RecipeDetail.aspx?recipeId=27341&EID=2624&MID=2948428&LID=1519 (I use the frozen broccoli/cauliflower mix, and omit the carrots....not my favorite!)


I may not be Jewish, but I am a fan of comfort food and Holiday traditions. This is one tradition that I will continue for years to come. Thank You Sarah, for being my friend and my inspiration! XOXO




1 comment:

  1. ;-) ... Thanks for watching and thanks for the continued support! That pic makes we want some brisket!! Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete