Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

PJs Please!



This past weekend was one of those lazy, rainy weekends that just begs you to stay in your PJs, cozy up with a book or a movie, or in my case, the Food Network! Nothing screams comfort like a big pot of something yummy bubbling on the stove, so here is what I made to comfort my soul and my belly!


First off, a copycat of my favorite restaurant foods, Olive Garden's Pasta Fagioli Soup. All the comfort of going to the restaurant, without leaving the house! I really does taste exactly like the original and it was so easy and quick-cooking. http://www.copykat.com/2009/03/29/olive-garden-pasta-e-fagioli/.


Next up, for those of you who now me, know I love sandwiches....and this one does not disappoint! I am so in love with this sandwich, which is a meal in itself! This Cuban Style Monte Cristo still has my mouth watering for more! http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/cuban-style-monte-cristos-pineapple-slaw/.




Lastly, it wouldn't be comfort with out something sweet to top off your meal, so I made a Pumpkin Bundt Cake. The credit on this one goes to the Libby Pumpkin Bread Kit. It is hard to find, but it makes delicious, moist cake, that is so simple and makes the house smell fantastic!




I hope you enjoy these on your next rainy, lazy weekend. I'm off to dream some more about that sandwich!

No comments:

Post a Comment