Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Farmville!

No, I am not talking about the silly game on Facebook! I am bragging about the lovely tomatoes that are being produced in my yard at the moment. I have yummy heirloom tomatoes, yellow tomatoes and beefsteaks! mmm mmm!
Having all these fresh, delicious treats around reminds me of going to the Mar Vista Farmers Market with Sarah every Sunday and coming home with a (recyclable) bag full of yummy finds.
It also gets me thinking about what to make with them. Besides salads, I am definitely going to make this: HerbButterandGoatCheeseLinguinewithFreshTomatoes

I have made it before, and it is light and tasty. Makes you feel good about eating that bowl of pasta!

Or maybe I'll do something like this:


Now, this Pasta Primavera is what a trip to the Farmers Market (or Green Market, as they call it here in FL) should look like! Pasta, butter, cheese, chicken, shrimp and a TON of fresh veggies. Yes please! Can you believe my sister and I made this Huge platter for just the TWO of us?! Rest assured, we had leftovers for days! Makes a great date night dinner too:


OK, gotta go check the plants for more treats for today's salad. Sure beats anything you can get at the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment