Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, June 5, 2011

I came, I tasted, I conquered.

I had the extreme pleasure of attending the Taste of The Nation Broward, an all out culinary affair raising money to end childhood hunger in America. In it's 20th year, only the most renowned chefs, restaurants and mixologists are invited to hand out samples of their tasty bites, and it is totally a sensory overload! Every booth was as exciting as the next. I couldn't quite taste everything, but I got quite close. After I had made my way through the throws of hungry attendees, I was ready to declare my favorite: Tenderloin Beef tips from Don Shula's (SHOCKER!) and then someone behind a table literally yells at me to go try the guacamole from Dos Caminos, and O.M.G. The.Best. Guac. I have ever had! (The chipotle chicken quesadilla from there was also good). Coming in at a veryclose 3rd was the BBQ Short rib Bao from STK (even stamped with the STK logo!).

Clockwise from left: Guacamole from Dos Caminos, Tenderloin Beef Tips with mushrooms and Boursin cheese from Shula's, and Braised Short Rib Bao from STK.


Does that photo of the guac do it justice? No, you should totally go to Dos Caminos to try it yourself. And you should definitely take me! ;)

By the way, did you know that one in six Americans (mostly elderly and children) go hungry everyday? June is National Child Hunger Month, so make sure you do your part in supporting the cause. Do as I did and attend a Taste of the Nation event, or take a tour of Feeding South Florida. You'd be amazed at what one person and one dollar can do to help.

Thank you,
H

No comments:

Post a Comment