Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Diners Drive-ins and Dives Tour: The Whale's Rib

I know I'm not the only one who sits at home late at night at watches Diner's Drive-ins and Dives and drools on my remote! Luckily my friend Amanda also admits to this guilty pleasure, and loves to partake in a little field trip to try out the places seen on the show! This past weekend we tried out a joint as seen on an episode of DDD, The Whale's Rib.

{menu, sign out front, California pasta, front of building, oyster po'boy}

The Whale's Rib is the typical, funky little joint you would expect to see on DDD. Loud, busy, good eats at good prices. I have to admit, I am NOT the person to judge a seafood joint, being that I don't really eat much seafood, but I went for the experience. I had the California pasta, pretty uneventful.  Amanda had the oyster po'boy, and loved it. I looked around the restaurant and saw that everyone there was thoroughly enjoying their meals, whether it was the oysters Rockefeller or the crab legs, lots of smiles all around. Or maybe it was the $2 beers? For a rainy evening, the joint was packed and there was an hour wait at high time. If you are craving seafood and find yourself in Deerfield Beach, definitely try The Whale's Rib...just get there early! 

No comments:

Post a Comment