Addicted to the Food Network!

Monday, November 30, 2009

Lusting for more Leftovers!




Anyone who knows me, knows that I do not eat leftovers. period. They never taste the same and I HATE eating the same thing a few nights in a row......except for Thanksgiving leftovers! I could eat that meal over and over for a week...and usually do! This year I decided to use those leftovers and make new dishes with them....and boy am I glad I did! Check out these tasty treats, all courtesy of Sunny Anderson:


First up: Second Day Turkey and String Bean Pot Pies: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/second-day-turkey-and-string-bean-pot-pies-recipe/index.html This were simple and so delicious! The crust was a little mushy on the bottom of the pies, so maybe a refrigerator pie crust would be better, but it was very good as is!


Next up was the Second Day Fried Stuffing with Cranberry Pesto: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sunny-anderson/second-day-fried-stuffing-bites-with-cranberry-sauce-pesto-recipe/index.html. These were to die for! Simple, delicious and just goodness in a bite! Don't tell anyone, but Mom and I ate the whole pan of them...and nothing else...for dinner last night! The pesto itself was so fabulous, that I made an extra batch to just have on hand to use for sandwiches or on toast another day!!


Lastly was Cream of Asparagus Soup: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/cream-of-asparagus-soup-recipe/index.html I tried this one to use up all the pieces of asparagus that I didn't use for my bacon-wrapped asparagus on Turkey Day. It was so simple, but it had SO much flavor! I did have to strain it because my blender didn't break down all of the strings, but regardless, this one will definitely be used again!




Thanks again to Sunny Anderson for her inspiration on these recipes... She is quickly becoming one of my favorite Food Network chefs! Case in point...these leftover recipes! It made me look forward to leftovers....not an easy feat! Hope you enjoy trying these for yourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment