Addicted to the Food Network!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother May I?

Took my Mom to lunch today to celebrate Mother's Day to try to beat the crowds and over-priced menus. We drove out to Hutchinson Island and ate at the Harbour Bay Gourmet, a cafe and wine shop.


Mom tried the Sarah, a Turkey, Swiss, coleslaw and Russian dressing melt.
I tried the Grilled Ham & Brie.


Perfectly sized lunch portion, served with potato salad and a pickle.
We sat outside on the patio, under umbrellas of course, since it is 90 degrees today.
They do have a problem with crows coming up to tables and taking the sugar packets,
so they got this cutie to curb that problem:


Cute, right?!

Then we went inside to check out wine shop:

and look what I stumbled upon!
Fresh made Gelato?? Yes please!

That's my low-fat Raspberry Gelato, definitely cooled me off!

All in all, a great day out with mom, doesn't she look like she had a good time??


Next time you are in the area, check out the Harbour Bay Gourmet. It's very affordable, tasty, in a great location and the staff was very friendly.


PS Pardon the bad photography, I forgot my camera, so these pics are from the phone!

2 comments:

  1. YUM!! That gelato looks fantastic! Your Mom is so cute, I'm sure she had a blast with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful way to celebrate mother's day. Love the gelato too :)

    ReplyDelete