Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Tastcasting- Wild Olives Cafe by Todd English

Last night I was delighted to go to my first Tastecasting event in West Palm Beach and I had a blast! 6 new friends, delicious food, wine and a cute chef....what more could a girl ask for?? We went to the new Wild Olives Cafe by Todd English . It was classic Todd English, with some of his signature dishes, and definitely some new favorites of mine!
The food was fantastic, the decor lovely, the staff more than helpful and the location perfect!
I was smart enough to wear a roomy dress to the event, not smart enough to NOT eat lunch that day (note to self) so I left very, very full! How can one NOT sample everything though? One bite of these delights isn't enough! Take a look at what I mean:


Classic Fig & Prosciutto Flatbread
Signature Todd English Dish, so delicious!



Crispy Eggplant Flatbread
I'm sure it's good, but after having the fig/prosciutto, this pour guy seems so drab!


Rosemary Focaccia with Hummus



Asparagus Frites
delightful! We all cleaned our plates for this one!



Butternut Squash Lasagna
best dish of the night!



Spaghetti Polpetinne (Spaghetti with mini-meatballs)
Eh, a dish one can get anywhere, frankly



Wasabi Crusted Tuna with Pea shoots, ginger carrot puree & sweet soy glaze
coulda used more wasabi, but the accompaniments were perfect!



Organic Brick Oven Roasted Chicken
Porcini crust, roasted garlic glaze. served with potato cake, bacony beans and watercress
Chicken has wonderful flavor-porcini crust!, but a bit overcooked



Lemon Sorbet
always simple and perfect way to end a meal



White Chocolate Bread Pudding
(probably would have liked it more if I was not STUFFED at this point!)



And I saved the best for last!
Chef John Crolly and Restauranteur Lirim Jacobi
mmmmm...a single foodies dream come true! ;)



All in all a delightful evening. I will definitely go back and check out the full menu....with an empty stomach next time!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, those flatbreads look amazing! do they share the recipes too? Looks like such a fun event

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. YUM! I will take the asparagus frites, the focaccia with hummus, and the sorbet...better make that 2 of each, they look and sound amazing!!
    What a fun time you had!!! Hopefully you can do this frequently. Since I cannot sample all of these tasty meals, I'll have to enjoy them through you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you could join us. Here's to many more TasteCasting dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Heather...and to enjoy another Wild Olives menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love learning new recipes and also try making it and make my family taste and appreciate me every now and then. Now here i would say i have now got a huge collection is recipe to try out and get appreciated more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All those dishes looked phenomenal and cute chefs to top it all off!!!

    ReplyDelete