Addicted to the Food Network!

Monday, November 8, 2010

Great Balls of Fire!

So, this weekend I tried my first recipe by Aaron McCargo Jr, aka Big Daddy (Season 4 Winner of NFNS), from  his show Big Daddy's House. The recipe was Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls. The name alone sounds great, right?! Basically it's a Buffalo Chicken Wing rolled into a ball...how can that be bad? Well, the technique sounded easy enough, but I struggled BIG TIME with it. I think my problem may have been that I purchased the chicken the night before, so it was cold, and did not form into a ball well with the cheese, which, in turn made the breading process very difficult. They turned out to be more like chicken cheese ovals....


But it didn't affect the taste at all! They were ooey gooey and delicious inside...

Who cares what they looked like, because I could.not.stop eating them! The spice was perfect and the sauce was divine! It seems like a lot of sauce for not so many apps, but trust me you will want to eat the leftovers with a spoon!

Big Daddy has a new cookbook coming out soon, and if this is any indication of how delicious the recipes are, then sign me up!

2 comments:

  1. Despite how you feel, I think they look GREAT!!!! Your cooking skills are so impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds real tasty sis. I cant get enough buffalo chicken.

    ReplyDelete