Addicted to the Food Network!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I give thanks

There are many reasons I love Bobby Flay, but one of them is the fact that he and I both count Thanksgiving as our favorite day of the year. Food, family, and football....how does it get any better? I look forward to it all year! I have actually already cooked and devoured my Thanksgiving meal. Tomorrow is just the bonus round for being a good girl all year! ;)

I don't get why people stress about making the big meal each year though. Really, the turkey just sits in the oven for a few hours, when it comes out to rest, all the other sides go in. As long as you have a good sous chef and dishwasher, (thanks mom!) it's really an easy meal! My menu this year was standard, no fuss no flash. My sister made a bet that at least one dish would have chipotles in it, but (sorry Jan!) I went old school this year. Take a look at my line-up:

It may not be the prettiest bird I have ever made, but it was THE.JUICIEST.BIRD.EVER! Don't know why the skin didn't crisp up (ideas?) but lord have mercy was it moist!

Green Bean Casserole.
Yes, the kind from the can, no judging I HAVE to have it!

Sweet Potato Casserole.
Classic recipe, but what you can't see is the ration of potato to marshmallow. (I'd say it's 50/50!)

White Potatoes.
Notice I didn't say mashed, because I went a step further and used a ricer to make them light, fluffy and creamy.

Turkey Pan Gravy
I could drink this by itself, honestly.

 Add mamas stuffing and some rolls, and you get one perfect meal!


Oh, and of course there was pie! I always make two, even if I know it's just gonna be me tackling the leftovers. It's a tradition to have pumpkin pie for breakfast following Thanksgiving. My mama says pumpkin is a vegetable, so it's OK! :)



This picture right here says comfort to me. Isn't Thanksgiving GREAT?!

Well, I hope you all enjoy your day as much as I will! And I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you all for following me and supporting my little blog. I love all of you and wish nothing but the best for you!

XOXO,
Heather













1 comment:

  1. Heather! You could have told me that you stole those photos from a cookbook or magazine, and I'd have believed you! Gorgeous meal and I'm sure it somehow tasted even better than it looks!!!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete