Addicted to the Food Network!

Monday, November 9, 2009

Fiesta!











Here's a weird fact about me you may not know: I am not a fan of Mexican food! I do not believe in throwing anything in a tortilla and calling it Mexican, or making something hot for the sake of being hot.....I do however love anything with chipoltes, chorizo or guacamole. My Mexi-Cali tastes were the inspiration for this week's football menu. Take at look at these tasty treats and just try to not crave a margarita!

Mexican Potato Skin Bites: This one I have made before and it was such a hit it was requested again. Super easy and a croud pleaser! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/mexican-potato-skin-bites-recipe/index.html
note: you will need at least TWICE the chorizo this calls for.

Corn with Chipotle-Cilantro Butter: A lot of folks were scared of the this butter, but you can make it as mild or as hot as you like. I have made this multiple times and whether I grill the corn, or boil it like I did yesterday, it's always easy and delicious!http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/throwdown-with-bobby-flay/grilled-corn-skewers-with-chipotle-cilantro-butter-recipe/index.html

Barbacoa Tacos: I have a confession.....this recipe was a complete accident! The night before my mexican feast, my sister and I sent my nephew and his girlfriend to the store to get the largest pork butt they could find. Well, there was none, so they asked the butcher and he said he would special cut one for them. Somehow the communication broke down and they came home with a 6 lb. RUMP roast! So, change of plans! Instead of pulled pork tacos, it became shredded spicy beef tacos, also known as Barbacoa. It took a little longer to cook than pork, but boy was it worth the wait! Make sure to serve them with all the toppings: salsa, limes, cilantro, cheese, sour cream.....http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/pulled-pork-tacos-00000000008021/index.html
Want that margarita yet????












No comments:

Post a Comment