Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

A hit and a miss


OK, not really a miss, but maybe a tie....not exciting, but not disappointing. This week I made a recipe from the Rachel Ray collection I have growing in my recipe binder......Mac n Cheese Jalapeno Poppers. Sounds great right?! Two favorites in one bite! Well, not so much. I have to say, they were just OK. For all the prepping of the peppers- thanks Mark!- and making the cheese sauce, the final product was a little lacking in the excitement category. Here is the recipe for you though, in case you want to make your own call on this one!




Now, for the hit! This is a recipe my sister and I both saw on a Food Network show a few weeks ago. We both fell in love with the idea and couldn't wait to make it! The next day, another sister emails me the recipe.....a sign it HAD to be made! There are many recipes for Buffalo Chicken Wing Dip out there, and they all are similar, and yes, they all taste JUST like eating a chicken wing! Well, thanks to Jan for trying this one out, not once, but THREE times this weekend! That's how much of a HIT it was! I put the last one together, so I can take at least part credit! :) By the way, it is SO simple and easy, it is sure to be a staple at football parties for years to come! Enjoy!



tip: serve with celery sticks, then it really tastes like the real thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment