Addicted to the Food Network!

Friday, November 27, 2009

Many Thanks!


Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE day of the year....Family, friends, favorite foods (pumpkin pie!) and football. Things I am grateful for this year: a job, a roof over my head, money to have a great Thanksgiving feast, my new Kitchen Aid Mixer, and a great sous chef to help me in the kitchen---thanks Mom!

This year's food spread included all the normal favorites: Turkey, gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, bacon-wrapped asparagus, cranberries, rolls and, of course, pumpkin and apple pies. To kick it up a notch, my gravy was a Chipotle Gravy:http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/pressed-herbs-and-spices-turkey-breast-pumpkin-zucchini-muffin-stuffin-with-chipotle-gravy-recipe/index.html and a new Sweet Potato recipe that tasted more like a sweet potato pie! http://www.parade.com/food/recipes/parade/11152009-best-chefs-perfect-thanksgiving.html?index=2 Both received rave reviews!


I hope everyone had a lovely Turkey Day with their families. Check out my photo of the spread....don't I look like I am posing for a cookbook cover?? Stay tuned for recipes on how to use all those leftovers! Enjoy!

1 comment: