Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Killer Disappointment

So, a few weeks ago, I told you how I was craving Killer Shrimp. Well, I found a knock-off recipe on the internet and decided to try it out and curb my craving. Well, mission NOT accomplished! It was a long process to make the soup, expensive ingredients, and it tasted NOTHING like the original! I ended up eating just bread for dinner. :( Although the house smelled great and looked yummy, it really had a bad aftertaste and missing the flavors that made the original soooo delicious!


Makes for a pretty picture though, doesn't it?!

If there is anyone out there with a hookup to the REAL Killer Shrimp Recipe, please send it my way. I'd be willing to give it another shot!

2 comments:

  1. I was missing KS too while I read this and I started to read their yelp listing. There is another recipe there, although it's really similar to the one you made, it is different. Maybe we'll try it and let you know how it turned out. Keep you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge killer shrimp fan but I'd go if others wanted to go. I don't have a recipe for you to try, but I did read your article on all the LA food places and there's another ramen place you need to try when you visit!

    ReplyDelete