Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pretzel Please!

Did you know that today is National Pretzel Day? Well, either did I, but now that I know this little fact, I am suddenly craving the delish, soft, salty creations from the likes of Auntie Anne's


I am a fan of the original, the cinnamon-sugar, the pretzel bites or the sticks. Dips are optional, nice but not a neccessity. It is too late on the East Coast to go get one now, but if I had the energy, I would definitely use this recipe to make my own.
So, this has got me thinking....what is your favorite pretzel? How do you like yours?
Comments welcome!

2 comments:

  1. You know Auntie Anne's in my favorite! We had a bet once on the name. Do you remember? And you lost the bet and had to buy me a pretzel. Auntie Anne's is way better than Wetzel's Pretzel for those pretzel virgins out there. I will celebrate Pretzel Day next time I see Auntie Anne's. The almond crunch with a side of caramel is yummy. The sour cream and onion one is great, too, with a side of cheese. Of what? Of cheese! Auntie Anne's can be found at some Walmarts and airports.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get enough soft pretzels! We go to a restaurant in Las Vegas with my in-laws that serves 'pretzel bread' before the meal. It is really just a basket of small soft pretzel sticks! We also LOVE our local Bar Louie, they have a soft pretzel/dip appetizer, YUM! Oh, and the imported pretzels at Hofbrauhaus...I'm getting hungry just thinking about it! Happy Pretzel Day!!

    ReplyDelete