Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

What I learned from Food Network Magazine


Surprisingly disappointing issue of Food Network Magazine this month. I didn't rip out a single recipe that I wanted to try. Not  single one! I did have some revelations though.

  1. In the America's Best Pizzas article, they claim Michael's Genuine has the best pizza in all of Florida. I have not had their pizza yet, but I totally believe they would have the best in the whole state. Short ribs, Gruyere, arugula and caramelised onions? Yes please! Everything they make is perfection. Remember my last blog post about them? There is drool all over the magazine right now!
  2. I am addicted to buying cookbooks. There, I said it. I literally got accelerated heart rate when I read that Bobby Flay has a new cookbook, Bar American. Gotta have it. Also Food Network also has a Next Food Network Star Cookbook. OK, I'll get that too then. See, I told you I'm addicted!
  3. In the editors note, Maile waxed on and on about the Easy Bake Oven. How much she loved hers, how it is being overhauled and how she got an old one for her daughter for a steal. It got me thinking about how I never had one. Did any of you have one? Did I miss out on a pertinent childhood memory? Should I get one for my yet unborn daughter to enjoy one day?
OK, so that's what stuck with me. What about you? What did you take away from this month's issue?

2 comments:

  1. I did not have an Easy Bake oven, but knew people who did. As much as I wanted one, after having played with other girls' ovens, I realized how much more enjoyable it is to cook 'real' food w/my Grandmother!! She bought me some baking accessories for younger hands and we used the big girl oven and made full-on desserts....much better experience, and gave me some wonderful memory-making time with my MiMi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I have plenty of memories of making messes in the kitchen with my girlfriends and a ton of frosting and sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete