Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Anne Burell Book Signing

My favorite way to spend a rainy Florida day? Why, Food Network Chef Stalking of course! And this week I had the pleasure of meeting none other than Anne Burell. Her first book, Cook like a Rock star is now out so she is out promoting it. Waiting in line, I had plenty of time to read through it, and it is like having Anne right there in the kitchen with you. It is well written and full of her personality. You can just imagine her standing there in her skirt, shaking her spiky hair and yelling "Big Meat"!  The title is perfect for her, by the way. As she was getting ready to come out to start signing books, they played at little Def Leopard Pour Some Sugar on Me for her to come out to. Fun!
When it was my turn to meet her, I asked her the same question I ask all of the chefs I meet: Whose Food Network Show Do you Watch? Anne, in her rock star way, looks me at me dead serious and says "None, I know how to cook!" WOW! Imagine the shock and awe on my face! I too know how to cook...I watch for ideas and inspiration. She recovered by saying that she will be watching the upcoming Next Iron Chef (which she is on, of course!) It was then time to take a photo, sign my book and move along...

{everyone say "Big Meat!"}


{Best inscription ever!}



1 comment: