Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Diners Drive-ins and Dives Tour: Flakowitz of Boynton

It's been a bit since we hit a DDD joint, so yesterday Amanda and I hit up Flakowitz of Boynton, as seen on DDD: Biscuits, Bagels and BLTs.  Odd choice for a Friday night, yes, but we are food geeks like that! Flakowitz is your classic Jewish deli, complete with Challah on the table:


And all the basics you would expect from a Jewish deli:

{Hot Brisket sandwich with all the fixings}

For the price, Flakowitz is a good deal. I had all of this plus a drink and dessert for about $11. Way too much for even me to eat! Nothing was particularly good, but not particularly bad either. Honestly, the best part was the pickle! I also missed out on the last black and white cookie by one person in the bakery. :( At least Amanda got a little cake for her belated birthday!

{My foodie partner in crime!}

All in all, an OK DDD trip this time. Amanda had the Louisiana chicken grill and raved about it. I guess I should have stuck with what they are known for: bagels and Matzo ball soup. Next time!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! I swear that a huge part of dining out is the atmosphere & the company! Hi, Amanda!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete