Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Confessions of a Cookbook Addict

It's always exciting when you come home to find a package in your mailbox, isn't it? Well, for a food geek, a package from Amazon containing two new cookbooks turns me into a kid on Christmas morning! I immediately ripped open the box and began to devour them, flagging all the recipes I want to try.



A culinary road trip across America, with stops in New Mexico, Kentucky, South Carolina, and everywhere in between. Reading this book is like looking at an in-depth look at the menu of Bar Americain restaurant. Plenty of classics, comfort foods, and new interpretations, with full color pictures of every recipe. First up on my list to try: Grilled Cheese with Aged Cheddar, Goat Cheese Bacon and Green Tomato; Cauliflower and Goat Cheese Gratin; and Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Spicy Caramel Apple Sauce. Yum!




A collection of recipes, all with 5 ingredients or less, written with the undertone of Claire's southern charm. In comparison to Bobby's recipes, these are what I would call "easy". None of them require much skill or technique. Perfect for weeknight meals, quick entertaining or a beginner cook. Although a lot of the recipes sound delicious, there are not photos with every recipe, which I missed. I also missed a little background on each recipe (as with Bobby's book) about how she came up with that idea or where the inspiration came from. I did find a good amount of recipes I will make, starting with Breakfast Croque Madame and Roasted Jalapeno Egg Rolls.


Now, if I only had the time, resources and audience to prepare all of these recipes...Now accepting volunteers in all departments! :)

XOXO,
The Food Network Cookbook Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment