Addicted to the Food Network!

Friday, December 10, 2010

Tailgate, take six

Sorry for the delay is posts lately folks, been running a bit behind. I know you've missed me! I'll try to catch you up in the next couple days, starting with this random tailgate from about a month ago.

Trying to come up with new ideas for tailgating can sometimes be a pain. That's why I pass the idea torch over to Scott, and he always comes through with great ideas! For this one, we went way outside the typical  boring burger bun and went with a classic, the BLT.  How does one make a delicious BLT at a tailgate you ask? Well, with the careful planning of my dear SIL Tammy and some creativeness, that's how! First you start with good quality ingredients: Potato Bread, bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo (not Miracle Whip) and salt & pepper. Tammy pre-cooked the bacon for us, so all we had to do was heat it up and toast the bread:



Put it all together, and you have a wonderful pre-game snack if I do say so myself!


Add some of Tammy's potato salad, and it's game on! Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment