Addicted to the Food Network!

Monday, February 7, 2011

Super Sunday

Finally coming out of the food coma that was Superbowl Sunday, just in time to relive it all again here with all of you! The overall spread was enormous, but here is a peek at my contributions:

Starting with dessert:

A football cake!
So stoked I finally got a football-shaped pan, and even more stoked that is is SO easy to make such a cute dessert! The cake was so moist, no frosting needed!

Instead of a regular guacamole, I decided to step it up and do a recipe inspired by a dish I saw Iron Chef Michael Symon raving about on The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Guacamole with Bacon and Blue Cheese!

Sweet, salty, crunchy, creamy, spicy...the perfect combo! Michael, you were dead right about this one!
Throw in some other classics like

Loaded potato bites (baked, not fried)

  and Mexican Potato Bites.

Makes for one SUPER, awesome Gameday spread!
I am totally craving more of that guacamole right now! Can't believe football season is over already!
 sad face.

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I had leftover fried chicken for lunch - diet starts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate way too much as it is! Good thing I wasn't around you!! It all looks so so good though!!!

    ReplyDelete