Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Fair Lady

First off, no judgement on this post please. I have not been to a fair in probably 20 years, so I may have gone a little nuts on this visit, but boy was it worth it! I was on fair food sensory overload! It all started when I saw this sign:

Yes, ladies and gents, you read that right... A PORK PARFAIT! Apparently, it was featured in the Food Network Magazine, but I missed it. Needless to say, I HAD to have one!

And it was every bit as good as it sounds! Simple concept: pulled pork, barbecue sauce and mashed potatoes, layered in a cup. De-lish!

Then on to the next guilty pleasure (and this is where I insist on you not judging me!).....the Donut Burger!

A burger patty in between two Krispy Kreme donuts. Yes, a heart attack waiting to happen, but I had to try it in the name of food reporting. ;) And Yes, I have to admit, I kinda liked it! Sweet, salty, soft and crunchy, definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

Then on to a classic I had not had in a while:

Elephant Ear! I prefer elephant ears to funnel cakes, but that's just my preference. Fried dough covered with cinnamon sugar...can't beat it!

Then for my last hurrah, I had to try something I heard Sunny Anderson speak of on The Best Thing I Ever Ate...the deep-fried Snickers!

The dough was a little to chewy for me, but the inside was nothing but chocolate, Carmel and peanut goodness!

And so went my fair adventures. Good thing I did a 5K in the morning to make up for the gluttony...and I think I'll stay away from fairs for a while....Besides, I think I can make my own pork parfait! :)

1 comment:

  1. Every year at our Fall Festival ( http://www.nutclub.org/images/stories/pdfs/2010MunchieMap.pdf ) , I skip the deep fried Snickers...I may have to try them out this year ;-) Looks like a super fun weekend....and nice work with the 5K!!!!

    ReplyDelete