Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

SobeWFF 2011- Shine & Swine

Sorry for the delay in posting about my whirlwind weekend at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival.  I hope you will forgive me! :) I have finally recuperated, but now I just hope to remember all the important details. Let's see how I do...starting with the first event SHINE & SWINE.  (That means moonshine and pig, for those not in the know!) Held at the W Hotel in South Beach and hosted by Adam Perry Lang, how can you go wrong? Well, let me tell you! First, I should tell you that the tickets were won by my friend Sam, by writing a poem about Lee Schrager, genius behind the festival. We find out he won at the last minute and immediately head down to Sobe to live it up. All was good until I get a call 5 minutes from Sobe that Sam, bless his heart, was swatting a spider (A spider!) in his car driving down to Sobe using the FedEx with the tickets in it, and the tickets. flew. out. the. window. NO.JOKE. So then, we went to plan B. Show up and somehow get in. Well, the foodie gods were looking after us that night, cause we walked right up to the women in charge of tickets, told her our story, and got right in (Thanks Ashley!). The event itself was kind of a dud-totally wouldn't pay $100 for the tickets, and the star, Adam didn't show his face once, but we stumbled upon the best spot to stand in the whole party...the entrance/exit to the VIP section. Here is where we had the time of our lives! Check out who stumbled upon us....

That's Jamie Oliver!

Lee Schrager, Genius behind the festival


Rachael Ray!

Also met Art Smith, but his photo is on Sam's camera, since I was taken off camera duty after my flash didn't go off when I took a picture of him and Rachael...

Sorry Sam!

All in all, a pretty exhilarating evening. I must say, I didn't sleep at all that night I was so excited!






2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I HATE when my camera doesn't cooperate...and always at the WORST possible times too, huh? Wow, though! It sounds like quite a day! Glad you were able to get in and meet so many of your heroes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least I have funny stories to tell! :)

    ReplyDelete