Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hungry for Howleys!

Somehow when you go to a local food institution, you know that the food is just going to be good. I mean, if they have been around for so long, they have to be good, right?! Well, that theory is certainly true for Howley's, a local institution here in West Palm Beach. I had the pleasure of going there the other night, and I have a feeling I am going to be a regular there now!



The building is bright and lively with funky artwork all over, but still has that diner-feel... you know, where the food is just good! The menu is quite extensive, the service was friendly (just don't go there if you are in a hurry), prices are average, dress code casual,and did I mention the food was good? Classic comfort food, and definitely something for everyone. They are known for their crab cakes and their meatloaf, but sadly no one in my group sampled either of those.  Here is was we did sample:

 "Almost Famous" Brisket. (fall off the bone delicious!)


Honey Glazed Short Ribs served with perfect mashed potatoes and veggies sauteed in so much garlic you will remember them the next day, in a good way!


Shrimp Salad Sandwich (could have used more shrimp)

And For Dessert:

Cobbler of the Day: Peach. Look at the size of that thing!


Banana Banana Cream Pie (so good that they had to say it twice!)

Cinnamon Walnut Cake (so simple, so delicious)

We all left very full and very happy. All in all quite delighted in my first trip to Howley's, and I will definitely be returning soon!

1 comment:

  1. Cinnamon Walnut Cake?? That is making me drool!!

    ReplyDelete