Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

ooh la la!

I love when I stumble across something by accident and then completely fall in love with it. Case in point, when I stumbled across Bakery of France last week.  Totally meant to grab a quick lunch from Quiznos, it happened to be closed, but the lovely french bakery next door was very much open. Upon entry, it looks and smells like everything a french bistro should. I decided to enjoy one of my favorite french staples, A Croque Monsieur- a grilled ham & Gruyere sandwich, coated in béchamel sauce.

Served with a lovely house salad on the side, the perfect combination of sweet, salty, soft and crunchy.
Of course I cannot get anywhere near a french bakery without getting one of my other favorites...a Chocolate Croissant!


Flaky, buttery, delicious, and the perfect amount of chocolate 

As I was getting ready to leave, I asked why no crepes on the menu? I was informed that indeed they do have them, and there were some being made right now...by an adorable little French woman who spoke to me in French (and had to be translated, since I have forgotten ALL of my 3 years of high school French!).
Enough said! I will definitely be returning! With the great service, delicious food, and very good prices, I say go visit now! Allez!

No comments:

Post a Comment