Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Five Guys, 5 stars!

So you may remember me waxing on about In-n-Out here or here, well, rest assured, I will not be longing for Double Doubles any longer. Why you ask? Because I have found a new love, thank you very much. I have heard about the place that would give my double double a run for it's money, but it wasn't until I just read in the 2010 Zagat Survey that the new number one Burger Joint was Five Guys, did I really decide I had to try it. I did research, polled friends and family, and made a date to try it out. Que the fuzzy vision and the "Where have you been all my life" music...I am in LOVE! The simple concept is refreshing, the staff friendly, the prices reasonable, and the food, well, just LOOK at this deliciousness:


Huge portions, simple presentation, and tasty fries!
I had the cheeseburger (equivalent of a double double)  and get this, you choose your own toppings! I got mine with mayo, lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, ketchup and mustard.



Perfectly seasoned, hot, fresh, juicy and made just for me!
Matt got sauteed mushrooms and A1 sauce:


Why is it so much more fun when you can custom create your food??

Anyways, as I said before, I am in love. I will always have a place in my heart for In-n-Out, but Five Guys is here, and here to stay. Case in point, my first visit was Sunday, and I went back for more on Tuesday!
This could be dangerous!

XOXO,
Heather


4 comments:

  1. We have one down in Carson and took a work field trip there for lunch, I am a converted fan. Might have to hit it up when I am in DC for work later this month too :) Glad you have an in-and-out substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have seen them but figured they are just another burger chain, will have to check them out. Love being able to get hot and fresh and the way I want it put together, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm trying this no-carb thing...and then I came across your blog. thats out the window now. lol
    great blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. We love 5 Guys!! We don't have one here. But, my brother-in-law introduced us when we were on vacation one time. I think it is also a favorite treat of the President's! LOVE the fries :-) So happy you found one and can sub for In 'n Out!!

    ReplyDelete