Addicted to the Food Network!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tailgate, take four

For the majority of our tailgates, I let the decisions of what to make be made by my brother, Scott. This time he did not disappoint! Inspired by a sandwich he had in a hospital cafeteria, of all places, this panini is not normal tailgate fare. Then the question was, how do you grill a panini in a parking lot? Foil covered bricks, of course!


Inside that sandwich is salami, pepperoni, ham, provolone and a good slathering of Italian dressing. A few minutes on each side, and it turned into a crusty, melty sandwich of goodness. Serve it up with some of Tammy's homemade potato salad, and that is one filling meal...enough to carry one from pre-game to post-game!



What did we name this lovely concoction??? The FININI!!!! Get it? lol!

And to wash it down? Jello shots, of course!


All in all a great tailgate! The outcome of the game was not as good, but (and I am getting tired of saying it) at least the food was good!

2 comments:

  1. Why do I have a feeling that those Jell-O shots were better than any I've ever had before??? As far as football, it could be worse....you could be form Cleveland (like me) :-) Ha ha ha!! Happy tailgating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that it should be spelled Phinini. They were so good that I made them again on Thursday. The Italian dressing really adds the Zing!!!

    ReplyDelete