Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Panini Power!

Combine getting a new panini press with the New Year and eating healthy and what do you get? A healthy panini! Where did I turn for inspiration? Why, Hungry Girl of course! I subscribe to her daily emails full if tips, recipes and news. I happen to get one last month with a recipe that I immediately printed out. It was a makeover on the Panera Bread Frontega Chicken Panini, which I eat OFTEN. Well, I was SHOCKED to found out that my favorite lunchtime delight has 860 calories! Yikes!!! Lucky for me Hungry Girl came to my rescue and made her version of it. The HG Mega-Delicious Chicken Chipotle Panini. Now do you get why I printed it out immediately??!! This past week I made up a batch of the chicken and the chipotle mayo and easily assembled one for lunch not once but FOUR times! It not only tastes exactly like the real (fattening) thing, but it is filling too!

Looks like way more than 256 calories, doesn't it? Tastes like it too!

PS You should not only subscribe to the HG emails, but check our her new show on Cooking Channel as well. Both are chock full of tips and tricks for those looking to slim down! But then again, this hungry girl adores anyone with the initials HG! ;)

2 comments: