Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Tastecasting-Indus Herbal Cuisine

After quite a hiatus, the Tastecasting crew was back together again last night at Indus Herbal Cuisine in West Palm Beach. Now, I was excited about this for many reasons. First, the restaurant is about a half mile from my house, two, I was actually off so I was available to go, and lastly, I have been craving Indian food  for for.ev.er. Just take a look at all of the menu items we sampled:

Guldasta Platter (an appetizer sampler)

Indus Chili Gobi (a sweet/sour cauliflower)
One of our favorites of the night!

Coconut Lobster Chardonnay
Another fave of the night!


Chicken Tikki Masala
Classic Indian dish, a great starter dish if you have never had Indian cuisine


Tandoori Mix Grill

Palak Masala (Spinach curry)
We adored this dish!

Lamb Vindaloo
Definitely the spiciest dish of the evening!

 Dosa
(Lentil pancake filled with curry potatoes, served with a lentil sauce)
Interesting concept...


and to sweeten our palate
Mango mousse

Seems like a lot of food, but the portions are not overly large, and the prices are just right, making it almost necessary to sample all the dishes! Overall exactly what I expected, and it definitely fulfilled my Indian craving for the time being. It was quite a busy evening for the restaurant, with not only our group, but food critics and writers from all over, making it a challenging night for the staff. The owner and staff were so nice and accommodating to us though, I will definitely give Indus another try, maybe for lunch next time. See you then guys!

1 comment:

  1. YUM! I love Indian and haven't had it in ages, so jealous! That all looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete