Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tailgate, take eight

A little behind in the blogging...sorry for those who have missed me! Let me try to catch you up on what's been cooking...

For the second to last tailgate of the year, I decided to get a little cheeky and try something new from Bobby Flay's new cookbook, Burgers, Fries and Shakes. We were playing the Buffalo Bills, so I decided to make the Buffalo Burger. No, it's not made of Buffalo meat, but something even better! I was extra-excited, because this is the first recipe I have made from the new book. As always, Bobby's recipe was easy to follow, accessible ingredients and out-of this-world taste! Take a look at the breakdown:

Ground Chuck burgers with just S&P on them

Cover with hot sauce (IE Buffalo wing sauce)


Slather with Blue Cheese Sauce, Crunchify with potato chips and add a toasty bun. YUM!


Add potato salad and you have the perfect pre-game meal!

Another Touchdown by Bobby! Too bad my cheeky idea didn't lead to a home-team win, but at least the food was good! If you would like the recipe, let me know and I will email it over to you!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that's what I'm talking about right there. Lovin' the chips crunchifying the burger the best. Gonna have to try the others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have about 20 pages tabbed with recipes I want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can;t do beef or bleu cheese here.....but I may have to stick a veggie burger & chips on a bun...GREAT idea! What kind of bread is that? Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just deli rolls, and yes, try the chips on a burger, even if it is veggie! ;)

    ReplyDelete