Addicted to the Food Network!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fast as lightning!

I heart Greek food. There. I said it. I could eat it everyday. Hummus, pita, feta and tzatziki can all be found in my fridge on any given day. So when I hear about a great new Greek Restaurant that is not only delicious, but also affordable?? You better believe I am there! Souvlaki Fast is a great new gem situated in Mizner Plaza in Boca:

At SOUVLAKI fast, traditional Greek flavors meet the grill. Conceptualized by two friends and Greek natives with a love of grilling, SOUVLAKI fast offers its customers the finest cuts of meat and seafood and the freshest vegetables, marinated, skewered, and grilled to perfection. SOUVLAKI fast seeks to provide a delicious, health-conscious meal option no matter how little time you have to eat.
Whether you prefer your souvlaki on a traditional pita, on a platter with french fries or rice, or atop a delectable salad, SOUVLAKI fast has an entrée sure to quell your craving.

 
 Today I sampled the Greek Salad with Gyro (too bad I ate the gyro before I took the picture...I couldn't wait! sorry!)
 
 

the Giant baked beans (in a lovely tomato garlic sauce with traditional Greek seasoning). Never had it before and I loooove it!



and the Kourabiedes- buttery almond cookies covered in powdered sugar. Also known as wedding cookies, these are definitely reason enough to say "I DO!"



Jealous yet??
The staff at Souvlaki Fast is super friendly, the atmosphere cozy, the portions are healthy, and well, the food is mouth-watering...my keyboard has a little drool on it right now! Check out the menu here for a look at some their other tasty treats.

Now for your language lesson:
That deliciousness wrapped up in a pita you normally order? It's called a Gyro. Pronounced like year-o, not ji-ro. You can thank me later.


1 comment:

  1. MMMM!!! I also love Greek food! That all sounds so so good!

    ReplyDelete