Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Pinkberry Bliss

In honor of National Ice Cream Month, I broke out my ice cream maker for the first time ever tonight...what have I been waiting for?? Who knows why I was intimidated, because it was sooo easy. Well, the process was easy, but deciding what to make for my inaugural churn was pretty hard! In the end I went with a copycat recipe of the Pinkberry original flavor. For those of you who have never had Pinkberry, it is an addictive frozen yogurt with ridiculously low calories. The taste is not for everyone, as it is not a sweet treat, but can only be described as your breakfast yogurt, frozen. When I go to Pinkberry (or Iceberry, as the knock-off here in FL is called),  I always get some version of the same toppings: strawberries, bananas and granola, so that is what I had to get for this mission too.  It didn't get tot he consistency that I would have like, but if I had time and patience, I could've just put it in the freezer for a bit. I have to say, the copycat recipe was pretty spot on:



This little cutie seemed to like it too:



That's my great-niece, Shyanne...another satisfied customer! :)


 All in all a successful test of the ice cream machine! Now to decide what flavor to make next.....

2 comments:

  1. i haven't been to pinkberry in awhile. that's what happens when they take away the green tea flavor! they are being punished and not getting my $5 every week. great article heather. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! That sounds so good right now!!

    ReplyDelete