Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, July 18, 2010

I longo for Key Largo!

Those of you who follow me closely know that I just took at quick trip down to Key Largo for the day. While there, I got a taste of what the Largest, Northern-Most Key is all about. First and foremost, the water! It is known as the Diving Capital of the World, so no wonder 99% of all the things the do on the island are on the water: boating, diving, fishing, kayaking, glass-bottom boats, skiing, Everglades tours, etc... Well, I may be a Pisces, but I am not so much a water-sports gal, so lucky for me, the second biggest thing to do on the island is eat & drink! 
Sadly, I arrived in the middle of the night and only stayed 16 hours, so I only had a chance to try one place, so I hit up Bayside Grille. Owned by Restaurateur Robert DiGiorgio, and known for the Most Photographed Sunset in Key Largo:



Divine isn't it?! Well, the sunsets are not the only thing that are divine...the food is too!

After much deliberation, I went with the servers recommendation, Coconut Shrimp:



Served with a perfect French Fry, Cole Slaw and a Caribbean dipping sauce.
Now you may think this is nothing special, but this is just the tip of the menu at Bayside Grille!
With Chef's Recommendations such as Yellowtail, Mahi-Mahi or Tuna with either Mango Salsa or Grilled Pineapple Salsa, "Certified Angus" Caribbean Flank Steak, and Key Lime Chicken, there is definitely something for everyone, and every dish gives you that  taste of 'Keysiness' you crave while in Key Largo! And leave it to DiGiorgio to punch it up a notch with a Killer Wine List.  What better way to enjoy those sunsets!

Make sure when you go visit, so you have more time than I did, so you can also visit DiGiorgio's Cafe Largo, for an elegant, home style Italian meal. And if you need a place to stay, DiGiorgio has that too! Check out his Vacation Rentals. I did, and this is the view I woke up to:



Yes, I'll definitely be going back soon!


1 comment:

  1. OK, so not much 'veggie' food for me. But you know me, I always find the silver lining....GREEAAATTT wine list! And, Carib beer? Will & I would be in heaven. I've never been to Key Largo, but I do love to kayak!!! I need to get down there ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete