Addicted to the Food Network!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Best Thing I Ever Ate

Just got back from a taping of The Best Thing I Ever Ate at Rosario's Ristorante in Boca.  Slightly disappointed that the actual Food Network star was not here, but I had a wonderful time non-the-less! There was a 'stunt double' for Alex Guarnaschelli , and I only heard part of the taping (although I did hear them talking about the garlic bread, which IS possibly the best I ever ate!), but it was fun to watch the whole production! Here is a peak at 'Alex's" closeup:


From across the room, we totally thought it was the real Alex!

Besides the buzzing about the taping going on, the dinner we enjoyed was also truly excellent! No wonder Alex raved about it! If you haven't been to Rosario's, it's definitely worth a trip there! They have all of your favorite Italian classics, and even have a $26.95 3-course Summer menu with a ton of tasty choices!
I had the Gnocchi:


While Caroline went big and had the 2lb Maine Lobster Special:
 
Can you believe that is also part of the $26.95 special???

Of course there was also dessert:
Italian Cheesecake

Tiramisu

chocolate mouse cake

Yum! Everything was delicious, but what really made the experience was the service. Everybody at Rosario's was friendly, knowledgeable and accessible. I mean, the owner came by a few times to check on us, and his wife, Toni, was so cute I HAD to take a picture with her!

What you don't see here? She really only came up to my chest, so I am totally squatting to take this photo, lol!

All in all a fun evening with great friends, great food and some Food Network stalking! We are told the episode they taped tonight will air in November, and we had to sign waivers, so I'll let you know when it's going to air, so you can look for us!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like so much fun!! We found a restaurant in NYC by googling "the best thing I ever ate" and going there. It was easier than reading 100 yelp reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOOVE gnocchi!!! How was it? And extra tasty garlic bread? Sign me up! Sorry there wasn't a 'real' star there, but it sounds like an amazing meal anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that gnocchi looks to die for.
    so are they going to tape alex another time? thats so random!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the gnocchi was delish! And yes, they'll tape Alex in NY in the studio.

    ReplyDelete