Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Love Letters to LA

So, my friend Matt called the other day to say he is going to Los Angeles. My first thought was...JEALOUS! My second was, OK, I have to tell him where to go....so where should he go?? Well, he is only going to be there for three days...how do I only pick a few places?? Well, this is my first thought for him: 

Matt's first foray into sushi was actually with me in LA, so I want him to try Yamashiro Restaurant for it's delicious sushi and unbelievable views.



I suggest Lawry's Prime Rib, for it's to die for prime rib, sliced to order right at your table:


Mastro's is a great choice for a great steak and a lively atmosphere that includes live music (pst, get the Lobster Mac-n-Cheese!)


Geoffrey's in Malibu is a great place for not only a delicious meal, but the views are unforgettable!


If you are celebrity chef stalker, you can't go wrong with Nobu,
Mario Batali's Pizza Mozza
 
or Rick Bayless' Red O.


But no trip to LA is complete without trips to these staples:





Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles (the #13 always works for me!)


and no trip to LaLa Land is complete without a trip to Baycities (get the Godmother)


Well, that should be enough, I think?! LA Folks, did I miss anything?????

2 comments:

  1. We were JUST talking about Bay Cities tonight....poor Jason Allen was looking for a 'real' deli sandwich!

    I shouldn't put in my 2 cents b/c I have odd tastes, I think. When we head back 'home,' here is where we have to hit up (in addition to what you named):

    C&O, Stinking Rose, Wahoo's, Sharkeez, Frito Misto (although we rarely make it there), Fatburger, Duke's, Don Antonio's, Baja Cantina, El Cholo...oh boy!! Don't get me started...I need to stop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, They are only gonna be there 3 days, but yes, C&O and El Cholo are great add ons!

    ReplyDelete