Addicted to the Food Network!

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Salad Sensations!

Been on a big salad kick this week. Trying to switch it up, so I don't get bored and go grab a burger, I made three different kinds to keep me interested.

First up was a Turkey Taco Salad:


Basically a taco-minus the shell- layered into a bowl! I used ground turkey instead of beef, then layered it up with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, avocado and sour cream. Yum! I especially love the combination of the warm meat, with the cold salad ingredients.

Then, it was a Greek Pasta Salad:


Basically, the classic Greek salad, minus the lettuce, add Mini Penne. My taste-taster Sheryel gave it two thumbs up!


Lastly, since I finally got my sisters secret Pasta Salad recipe, I had to try it out on my own.


Funny how it doesn't taste the same when it's not made in her kitchen....I used all the same ingredients...but it was yummy all the same.

All in all a very tasty week of eating healthy(er).

1 comment:

  1. MMMM....that Greek pasta salad looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete