Addicted to the Food Network!

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tailgate, take two

As you may recall from last week, I have been craving Philly Cheesesteaks for a while now. Well, I thought I had my fill here, but guess not!  I wanted them AGAIN this week. Problem was, how could I fulfill that craving while tailgating? Well, my SIL Tammy is a genius and came up with the solution....foil packets!




She pre-filled the packets with the meat, onions, peppers, cheese and mushrooms (on one at least, I am not a fan of the fungi!). Notice how one is labeled mush (for mushroom) and one is labeled I <3 U ?! Guess which one was mine?! :)   All we had to do was warm them up on the grill:



What resulted was a perfectly warm, melty, sandwich of goodness!



Insert picture of me devouring the sandwich, juices running down my chin and me not caring ONE bit! The game may not have been a win, but at least the food was good! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a genius idea! Looking at the sandwiches, I'd never know they were made in foil while tailgating!! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete